The gorgeous city of Udaipur hosts an array of vibrant events which draw thousands of tourists. Udaipur World Music Festival that captivated the audience with a record attendance of 150 world-class artists from more than 16 countries.
Some of the well-known artists included Sudha Raghuraman, Kiya Tabassian & Charbel Rouhanna, Sara Correia, Ankur Tewari & The Ghalat Family and much more. These artists & other prominent ones have performed in iconic venues such as Manji ka Ghat (AmbraiGhat), Fateh Sagar Paal, Gandhi Ground, Udaipur Railway Station, MMPS School & Maharana Pratap Airport.
These wonderful artists are well versed in different genres such as Neo-Folk, Punjabi Folk, Rap, Hip-hop, Electro Jazz, Adi Shankaracharya, Sufi, Fado & many more. Read on to know about the highlights of the Udaipur World Music Festival 2020.
· This music festival in Udaipur was initiated to give a platform to musicians to showcase their talent.
· Another significant motive was to showcase Udaipur as a rising destination for World Music in South Asia.
· The World Music Festival Udaipur was first celebrated in 2016 & it gradually grew in scale & size.
· The Vedanta Udaipur world music festival has notable sponsors like Hindustan Zinc, Incredible India, NDTV, Swiss arts council, The Oberoi & many more.
Here are some prominent highlights of Udaipur World Music Festival :
· Noted artists who performed live at the Gandhi Ground were:
i. Ginni Mahi - Punjabi folk, rap and hip-hop
ii. When Chai Met Toast of India - Neo-Folk
· International artists who gave riveting performances at the Gandhi Ground:
i. Shnellertollermeier (Switzerland) – Rock
ii. NoJazz (France) - Electro Jazz
· Famed artists from India who performed at Ambrai Ghat, Fateh Sagar Paal 0& Gandhi Ground venues were:
i. Sudha Raghuraman - Adi Shankaracharya
ii. AnkurTewari & the Ghalat Family - Folk rock/ Rock'n'roll
iii. Out of the Box Jail University Band - Sufi
iv. Mame Khan - Rajasthani Folk
v. Thaikkudam Bridge of India - Indian Pop and Rock
· Foreign artists who gave live performances at one of the best festivals of Rajasthan include
i. Kiya Tabassian & Charbel Rouhanna Duet (Iran & Lebanon) - Musical dialogue of Persian Dastg?h & Arabic maqam
ii. Sara Correia (Portugal) - Fado
iii. Habib Koite (Mali/France) – West African Folk Blues
· Famous artists who gave lively performances at Udaipur festival comprise of:
i. Ravi Joshi – Morning Ragas
ii. Pakshee – Hindi Pop Fusion
iii. TabaChake – Mixed Pop
iv. Advaita – Indie Fusion
v. Nikhita Gandhi
· Global artists at the World Music Festival for the closing performances were:
i. MicoKendes (Kurdistan) – Kurdistani Music
ii. Sattuma (Russia) – Folk Karelian Music
iii. Oques Grasses (Spain) – Spanish Pop
· Mornings generally included romantic, calming melodies to start of the day.
· As evening set in, energetic youth performances took place resulting in a lively ambience.
· Apart from the live performances, participants & visitors got an opportunity to interact with who’s who of the music industry.
· Serious musicians & artists shared their personal experiences with budding artists to encourage them.The Udaipur Music Festival dates were 7th to 9th February 2020. The royal city of Udaipur will be hosting many more events apart from Udaipur World Music Festival. With classic tourist destinations & gastronomical delights, Udaipur will surely leave you wanting for more. Avail good Rajasthan tour packages to explore Rajasthan with your loved ones & make memories for life.