The vibrant state of Rajasthan is readying itself to host the International Kite Festival 2020- Jaipur. This popular annual festival is organized during Makar Sankranti celebration in Jaipur. Hordes of kite fliers, tourists & sybarites join this alluring festival to enjoy the colorful display of kites. You can savor delicious Makar Sankranti food recipes like til ke laddu, gajak, pakodi & much more. Explore other tourist destinations in Jaipur like Hawa Mahal, Amber Palace, City palace & Nahargarh Fort. Jaipur has something for everyone.
The Jaipur Kite Festival in India promises to be an exciting affair filled with fun, kites & delicious food. So, plan your itinerary and visit Jaipur to celebrate one of the best Rajasthan Festivals with Family or Friends.
International Kite Festival 2020 in Jaipur has a rich history. The tradition of Kite flying is synonymous with Makar Sankranti. In olden times, it is advised to expose your body to the beneficial sun rays, when the transition of the Sun into Makara Rashi takes place. Kite flying is the best opportunity to get sun rays while enjoying the exhilarating International Kite Festival. Absorbing the sun rays also eliminates harmful infections.
During the International Kite Festival, residents of Jaipur, seasoned travellers & devotees, take a holy dip in the pilgrimage site of Galtaji, Jaipur. They offer prayers unto Sun God for blessings, wealth, health & a good harvest of crops.
Here are the brief details of the International Kite Festival 2020– Jaipur:
1. Date: The enthralling celebration of Kite Festival Jaipur 2020 will begin from 14th January & will go on till 16th January.
2. Venue: The bustling festival will be inaugurated at the Jaipur Polo ground. Kite flying activities will be held at the Polo ground. Prize distributions and last day celebrations will take place at the lavish premises of Umaid Bhavan Palace.
3. Information on Kite Flying Activities: There are 2 types of activities namely:-
i. Kite war
ii. Friendly Kite flying
Kite war is a competitive event whereas Friendly Kite flying is a fun event where people fly kites to relax & enjoy the celebration.
4. Cultural Events: International Kite Festival 2020 doesn’t necessarily mean just flying kites. You get to witness spell-binding cultural performances showcasing Rajasthan’s folk traditions. Relish live songs & traditional dances.
5. Makar Sankranti food recipes: Munch on scrumptious dishes of Rajasthan like daal ki pakori, pheeni, gajak, tilkeladdu & much more. Reserve your tickets & plan your itinerary in advance to get the best seats and enjoy the Kite Festival Jaipur 2020 in all its glory.
Jaipur is well connected by Road, Rail & Air. Take buses from Delhi & other prominent cities of India to reach Jaipur. You can also travel by train to participate in the International Kite Festival. Most capital cities have direct trains or connecting trains for a hassle-free journey. If you wish to travel via plane, then reach Sanganer airport of Jaipur from major cities. You can avail cabs, taxis, autos & city buses to reach the venue.
Now, you are all set to plan your journey to Rajasthan & relish the International Kite Festival 2020 in Jaipur. Gather your family members, relatives, friends or colleagues to travel to Jaipur& experience one of the best Rajasthan festivals of 2020.
Book Your Rajasthan Tour with us, Visit04 January 2020